Sacred Truth Friday: Selfless Service; Temptation

Morning Sermon 
Selfless Service 

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. - Galatians 2:20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians2:20&version=NKJV
Live for Christ, not self. It's not about me. It's all about Him. Deny myself, take up my cross, follow Him (Luke 9:23). Even Jesus came to do His Father's will (John 6:38). So I'm not here to do my own will or cater to my selfish desires, but to do His will. 

according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. - Philippians 1:20-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians1:20-21&version=NKJV
Let Christ be magnified in my life and in my death. Live for Him. No confidence in the flesh. Give up everything for Him. Those things are dung anyway (Philippians 3:4-8). He sacrificed Himself for me. How can I do any less? Offer my life to Him (Romans 12:1).  Have Christ's mind: He gave all in service to God (Philippians 2:5-8).



Afternoon Sermon 
Temptation 

Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death. - James 1:13-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James1:13-15&version=NKJV
God cannot tempt me. I'm tempted by my own evil desires. When I give in, I sin. Practice sin, and I die spiritually. Jesus was tempted, yet He did not sin (Hebrews 4:15).  What's my excuse? And don't say "I'm just human" either. Pathetic excuse! God demands holiness (1 Peter 1:16).  No option here! 

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians10:13&version=NKJV
Look for and take that way of escape. 
Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren. - James 1:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James1:16&version=NKJV
Don't be deceived concerning temptation. Satan tempts me, not God, but I can and must resist him. Continue to walk in the light and confess and repent of sin (1 John 1:7,9).

Two wonderful sermons from Stephen Wiggins. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter