Yummy Recipe Monday: Southwestern Pasta Salad
Southwestern Pasta Salad
- Ready In
Recipe By:Lisa Scott Provost
"Really popular at potlucks--make a double batch! Very easy and very delicious. Serve on a bed of lettuce for a nice touch."
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup chopped roma (plum) tomatoes
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl combine oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and garlic. Stir in pasta and set aside to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn, beans, green pepper, red pepper and 1/2 of the cilantro leaves. Spoon onto a platter and garnish with tomatoes and remaining cilantro. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2016 Allrecipes.com