Yummy Recipe Monday: Slow Cooker Zucchini Soup
Slow Cooker Zucchini Soup
* Prep 30 m
* Cook 4 h 15 m
* Ready In 4 h 45 m
"This is great as thick soup served with French bread or served over rice or noodles. Better the next day!"
* 1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian sausage
* 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces celery
* 2 pounds zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
* 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
* 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch slices
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon white sugar
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
* Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Mix celery into cooked sausage; cook and stir until celery is softened, about 10 minutes.
* Combine sausage mixture, zucchini, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, salt, sugar, oregano, Italian seasoning, basil, and garlic powder in a slow cooker.
* Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours. Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2016 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 8/4/2016
We addded a little extra salt to bring out the flavors. And add water to it so it'll cook. Don't know why it didn't call for water.