Yummy Recipe Monday: King Ranch Chicken Casserole I
King Ranch Chicken Casserole I
56 made it | 340 reviews
"This is just one of the many King Ranch recipes available. Everyone seems to love it and it's sooooooo easy. Its' especially good when served with Mexican Corn Bread."
1 (3 pound) chicken, boiled and deboned
1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 onion, chopped
3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C.)
- Layer the chips in a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Combine the tomatoes, chicken soup, mushroom soup and onion. Pour half of mixture over chips. Layer the chicken pieces, half of the cheese and the remaining soup mixture.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 20 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole I