Sacred Truth Friday: Contentment

“I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
Philippians 4:10-13 ESV
http://bible.com/59/php.4.10-13.esv

“But godliness with contentment is great gain, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.”
1 Timothy 6:6-8 ESV
http://bible.com/59/1ti.6.6-8.esv

Being content with what we have. I admit it's hard, even for me. But we are to be content according to these verses. Instead of chasing after the next technology or fashion trend, we should learn to be content for we brought nothing into this world when we were born and we'll take nothing out of it when we die. 

God supplies all our needs. And our possessions are not our own. We've been blessed by them from a gracious God. After all, it's God who by His grace gets us up in the morning supplying us with strength for our jobs. We are stewards of our possessions and can use them to bless others. 

We should be content with the roof over our heads, the food in the fridge and freezer and the clothes on our back. And not chasing after all the technology and fashion trends. For these things are temporary anyway and not eternal. Let's fix our eyes on Jesus, who will strengthen us to be content.

http://shereadstruth.com/2015/10/16/the-secret-of-contentment/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter