Gospel Wednesday: John chapter 15

““I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. These things I command you, so that you will love one another.

 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me. If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. Whoever hates me hates my Father also. If I had not done among them the works that no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin, but now they have seen and hated both me and my Father. But the word that is written in their Law must be fulfilled: ‘They hated me without a cause.’
 “But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me. And you also will bear witness, because you have been with me from the beginning.”
John 15:1-27 ESV
http://bible.com/59/jhn.15.1-27.esv

“Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.

By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love.”
John 15:4-6, 8-10 ESV
http://bible.com/59/jhn.15.4-6,8-10.esv




These verses speak of abiding in Christ and His love. Apart from Him, I can do nothing. If I don't abide in Him, I'll lose my salvation. Yikes! I must remain faithful.  It is to God's glory that I bear much fruit. And if I love Jesus, I will obey His commandments 

Dear readers, in order to enter into this abiding relationship with Jesus, you must initially obey the Gospel. 




1 HEAR
14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?

17 So faith comes through hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
Romans 10:14;17 ESV

2 BELIEVE
24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.
John 8:24 ESV

3 REPENT
The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent
Acts 17:30 ESV

4 CONFESS THAT JESUS IS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF GOD
9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. Romans 10:9-10 ESV

5 BE BAPTIZED


38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
Acts 2:38 ESV
16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name. Acts 22:16 ESV

6 REMAIN FAITHFUL
10 Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life. Revelation 2:10 ESV


11 I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. Revelation 3:11 ESV

Read the Bible for yourself. You'll see that these, indeed, are the steps to salvation. 

Oh, obey the Gospel if you haven't done so already. 

What Must I Do To Be Saved?

Fruit of the Spirit that should be evident in my life. In every believer's life. 

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.”
Galatians 5:22-23 ESV
http://bible.com/59/gal.5.22-23.esv


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter