Sacred Truth Friday: He Knows Us

Psalm 139


Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart



To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

O LORD, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.
For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.
Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
O men of blood, depart from me!
They speak against you with malicious intent;
your enemies take your name in vain.
Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
I hate them with complete hatred;
I count them my enemies.
Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!





According to this psalm, God knows us. Knows us very well. Knows a word we'll speak before we say it. Knows our thoughts and when we rise up and lay down. We are always on His mind (verse 17). He created us in a wonderful way (verse 14). We can never flee from His presence (verses 7-12). He is always with us. He loves us, desiring a close relationship with us. And this can happen once we obey the Gospel. Obey the Gospel and know of this wonderful, thrilling,close relationship with God, our divine Creator. 


1 HEAR
14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?

17 So faith comes through hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
Romans 10:14;17 ESV

2 BELIEVE
24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.
John 8:24 ESV

3 REPENT


The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent
Acts 17:30 ESV


4 CONFESS THAT JESUS IS THE CHRIST, THE SON OF GOD
9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God 



raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. Romans 10:9-10 ESV



5 BE BAPTIZED



38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ 

for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
Acts 2:38 ESV
16 And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name. Acts 22:16 ESV

6 REMAIN FAITHFUL
10 Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life. Revelation 2:10 ESV


11 I am coming soon. Hold fast what you have, so that no one may seize your crown. Revelation 

3:11 ESV

Read the Bible for yourself. You'll see that these, indeed, are the steps to salvation. 




Got the Psalm 139 reading from She Reads Truth.

http://shereadstruth.com/2015/11/27/you-hem-me-in/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter