Sacred Truth Friday: Encouraged and Encourage; My Role

Morning Sermon
Encouraged and Encourage



And with many other exhortations he preached to the people. - Luke 3:18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke3:18&version=NKJV
Preach to and encourage people. Be benevolent (3:11). Don't take advantage of others (3:13). Treat others fairly, don't slander anyone, and be content. Live as God: holy (Ephesians 5:1). 
This passage in Luke 3 encourages me to do the above. So encourage others to do the same. 

Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. - 1 Timothy 4:13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Timothy4:13&version=NKJV
Encourage others. After all, God encourages me (Hebrews 13:22). Paul encouraged the disciples to continue in the faith (Acts 14:22). 
Encourage the elders (1 Peter 5:1). Encourage the preacher. 

Lesson: Encourage others as I have been encouraged. 


Afternoon Sermon
My Role

that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.Exhort  bondservants to be obedient to their own masters, to be well pleasing in all things, not answering back,not pilfering, but showing all good fidelity, that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things. - Titus 2:4-5,9-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Titus2:4-5,9-10&version=NKJV
Love my family, be discreet, chaste, a homemaker, good, obedient. 
Obey my supervisors. Be faithful. Maintain good works (Titus 3:8). Jesus died for me. Be zealous for good works (Titus 2:13-14). 

Lesson: fulfill my role in obeying God. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter