Gospel Wednesday: 1 Corinthians Chapter 9: Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk

1 Corinthians Chapter 9



Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord? If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord. Mine answer to them that do examine me is this, Have we not power to eat and to drink? Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas? Or I only and Barnabas, have not we power to forbear working? Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock? Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also? For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope. If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things? If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ. Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel. But I have used none of these things: neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void. For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me. What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel. For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you. Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

1 Corinthians 9:1‭-‬27 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/1co.9.1-27.KJV


Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel. For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

1 Corinthians 9:14‭, ‬16 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/1co.9.14-16.KJV



Woe Is Unto Me

Woe is unto me if I proclaim not His name
If, of Him, I am ashamed

Woe is unto me if I share not His Word
If the Gospel, from me, is unheard

Woe is unto me if I don't value souls
If His truth I don't sow

Woe is unto me if Him, I don't obey
If any sin, to me, is ever okay

Woe is unto me if my cross I don't bear
If I'm caught in Satan's snare

Woe is unto me if I'm ever lukewarm
If of spiritual danger, I don't warn

Woe is unto me if from Him I turn away
How then will I be ready for that great day?

Woe is unto me if I ever fall from grace
Don't endure this faith race

Woe is unto me if Him I don't serve
Don't give Him the love He deserves

Don't let it be woe is unto me
So share the Gospel as often as I can
And through faithfulness reach that Promised Land

Woe is unto if I don't preach the Gospel. Must find every opportunity to do so. Woe is unto me if I don't live the Gospel bringing reproach to His name.

Gospel must be lived as well as preached. Walk the walk, talk the talk. Must live in faithfulness to God all of my days (Revelation 2:10).  The Gospel brings freedom. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.
If you have no access to this spiritual liberation, then obey the Gospel today.



The Gospel in a nutshell

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1 Corinthians 15:1‭-‬4 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/1co.15.1-4.KJV


1. Hear
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:17 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/rom.10.17.KJV

2. Believe
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 8:24 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/jhn.8.24.KJV

3. Repent
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luke 13:3 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/luk.13.3.KJV

4. Confess
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 10:32 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/mat.10.32.KJV

5. Be baptized
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16:16 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/mrk.16.16.KJV

6. Remain faithful
Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Revelation 2:10 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/rev.2.10.KJV

Baptism 

Why Are There So Many Churches?

What Must I Do To Be Saved?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter