Sacred Truth Friday: Even the Godly Have Bad Days

Today's Devo
"Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.
For in thee, O Lord, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.
For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭38:9, 15, 18‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/psa.38.9,15,18.kjv
“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭1:7-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/1jn.1.7-10.kjv

I'm not perfect. I sin at times. Hurt God, others, and myself. Please don't put me on a pedestal thinking my life is perfect just because I'm a New Testament Christian. I sin. I make mistakes. I go through hard times just like every one else. As a matter of fact, I'm going through a trial right now that is teaching me to draw near to God and praise Him even in the bad days. 
“Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:3-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/jas.1.3-4.kjv
“That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1:7‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/1pe.1.7.kjv
Yes the godly, New Testament Christians have bad days as well. Sin and hurt others. Go through hard times. The difference is we confess our shortcomings, repent, and lean on God during the hard days. And leaning on Him and confessing makes all the difference. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter