Sacred Truth Friday: Gracious Response

Today's devo

Psalm 141:1-2
1 LORD, I cry unto thee: make haste unto me; give ear unto my voice, when I cry unto thee. 2 Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

5 Let the righteous smite me; it shall be a kindness: and let him reprove me; it shall be an excellent oil, which shall not break my head: for yet my prayer also shall be in their calamities.

When a godly person rebukes or criticizes us for a fault or sin, it can be tempting to be angry and defensive, or have self pity. But, there is a better way. When someone confronts us about a fault or sinful behavior, respond graciously to the criticism, and make the necessary changes. After all, a true friend will confront us about our faults and sins. A false friend will not.

Proverbs 27:6
6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter