Yummy Recipe Monday: Smothered Chile Colorado Burritos
Smothered Chile Colorado Burritos
Saucy, cheesy smothered chile colorado burritos made in 30 minutes. The sauce is so good you'll want to eat it straight from the pan.
Recipe type: Main Dish
* 2 pounds flank steak or similar beef, cut into 1 inch pieces
* 2 10-ounce cans mild or medium red enchilada sauce
* 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, found near the canned jalapeños)
* 1 anaheim pepper, diced
* 1 15-ounce diced green chiles
* 2 teaspoons minced garlic
* 1½ teaspoons onion powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* 1 tablespoon cold water + 2 tablespoons corn starch
* 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
* 4 burrito-sized flour tortillas
* 1 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese
1. Saute beef in a large sauce pan over medium heat until tender.
2. Add enchilada sauce and next 8 ingredients (through cumin) to the pan. Whisk together water and corn starch in a small bowl, add to pan and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for another 15 minutes.
3. Add black beans and a generous amount of beef mixture to the middle of each tortilla. Wrap up tightly and place seam-side-down in a greased baking dish. Top with additional sauce from the beef mixture and sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly, then serve.
Recipe by Creme De La Crumb at http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/11/smothered-chile-colorado-burritos.html