Yummy Recipe Monday: Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole
Salsa Chicken Rice Casserole
* Prep 20 m
* Cook 1 h
* Ready In 1 h 20 m
"Layers of rice, chicken breast, a creamy soup and salsa mixture and two kinds of cheese add up to a simply yummy salsa casserole! This recipe is a family favorite because it's delicious and easily made with ingredients found in the pantry."
* 1 1/3 cups uncooked white rice
* 2 2/3 cups water
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 1/2 cups mild salsa
* Place rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
* Meanwhile, place chicken breast halves into a large saucepan, and fill the pan with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes, or until done. Remove chicken from water. When cool enough to handle, cut meat into bite-size pieces.
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
* In a medium bowl, combine Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses. In a separate bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, onion, and salsa. Layer 1/2 of the rice, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the soup and salsa mixture, and 1/2 of the cheese mixture in prepared dish. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
* Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until bubbly.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2016 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 2/15/2016