Sacred Truth Friday: Focus on His Greatness


Psalm 145:3-7


Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised,
and his greatness is unsearchable.
One generation shall commend your works to another,
and shall declare your mighty acts.
On the glorious splendor of your majesty,
and on your wondrous works, I will meditate.
They shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds,
and I will declare your greatness.
They shall pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness
and shall sing aloud of your righteousness.

How Great Thou ArtCarl Gustav Boberg, 1885; Stuart K. Hine, c. 1949
O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds thy hands have made,
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed:
Refrain
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee:How great thou art! How great thou art!Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to thee:How great thou art! How great thou art!
When through the woods and forest glades I wander
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees,
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze:
Refrain
And when I think that God, his Son not sparing,
Sent him to die, I scarce can take it in,
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
Refrain
When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow in humble adoration,
And there proclaim, My God, how great thou art!





Psalm 145:3-7 and the hymn How Great Thou Art should get us to focus our eyes on God and not on ourselves and our problems, sins, and mistakes. When we put our eyes on God and His goodness and greatness, peace fills our souls. 

Let's take our eyes off ourselves and focus on the greatness of Almighty God.

http://shereadstruth.com/2016/02/05/how-great-thou-art/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter