Gospel Wednesday: Philippians Chapter 3: Press Forward

Philippians Chapter 3

Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe. Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation! For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh, though I also might have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so: circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee; concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you. Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind. Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern. For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame— who set their mind on earthly things. For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

Philippians 3:1‭-‬21 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/php.3.1-21.NKJV

Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:13‭-‬14 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/php.3.13-14.NKJV

As New Testament Christians, don't suppose we have already obtained. Already have the prize (verse 12). There is no room for coasting in the Christian life. We must keep moving forward.

We must completely forget the past. Forget our spiritual accomplishments. Forget our spiritual failures. The past is the past. And we should just press forward. (verses 13-14). Striving to know Christ more and more.

Heaven is a wonderful place for those who endure. Who press forward. Who remain faithful until death (Revelation 2:10). The best part is seeing our Savior face to face. So let's forget the past, keep pressing forward, and strive to know Christ more and more each day.

If you have not obeyed the gospel then please obey before it's everlasting too late.


The Gospel in a nutshell

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1 Corinthians 15:1‭-‬4 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/1co.15.1-4.KJV


1. Hear
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:17 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/rom.10.17.KJV

2. Believe
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 8:24 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/jhn.8.24.KJV

3. Repent
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luke 13:3 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/luk.13.3.KJV

4. Confess
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 10:32 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/mat.10.32.KJV

5. Be baptized
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16:16 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/mrk.16.16.KJV

6. Remain faithful
Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Revelation 2:10 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/rev.2.10.KJV

For more information on obeying the Gospel contact your local church of Christ.

Baptism 

Why Are There So Many Churches? 

What Must I Do to Be Saved? 

https://westpalmbeachchurchofchrist.com/new-testament/philippians/straining-forward.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter