Gospel Wednesday: Galatians Chapter 1: False Gospel

We are now in our study of Galatians which is 6 chapters.


Galatians Chapter 1

Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead), and all the brethren who are with me, To the churches of Galatia: Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel, which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ. But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ. For you have heard of my former conduct in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it. And I advanced in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries in my own nation, being more exceedingly zealous for the traditions of my fathers. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days. But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord’s brother. (Now concerning the things which I write to you, indeed, before God, I do not lie.) Afterward I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. And I was unknown by face to the churches of Judea which were in Christ. But they were hearing only, “He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy.” And they glorified God in me.

Galatians 1:1‭-‬24 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/gal.1.1-24.NKJV

But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:8‭-‬9 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/gal.1.8-9.NKJV



Please don't fall for a false Gospel for it will condemn you to hell.

Dear Friend,

I've been contemplating writing this letter to you.
At one time, I was trapped in denominational error. I believed fully in the sinner's prayer, once saved always saved, faith only. I once belonged to the Baptist faith which teaches numerous errors that condemns many to hell.
I never thought to examine what I was being taught in the Baptist church with God's Holy Word, the Bible. Just fell for the false doctrines hook, line and sinker.
I remember and will never forget what my Baptist preacher said: "You can chop someone's head with an ax and still go to heaven."
In other words, a supposed Christian can commit murder and still go to heaven. Really? When the Bible says in 1 John 3:15 no murderer has eternal in him.
And there are numerous warnings about falling away.
We, as Christians, are admonished to be steadfast (1 Peter 5:9).
1 Corinthians 10:12 tells us to take heed lest we fall.
Fall from what?
From grace (Galatians 5:4)
From the living God (Hebrews 3:12)
From the faith (Hebrews 6:4-6)

So my Baptist preacher lied to me. There is no once saved always saved. And no sinner's prayer in the Bible. Peter, on the day of Pentecost, in Acts 2, after preaching a sermon on Christ told his listeners they needed to be baptized to have sins forgiven (Acts 2:38).
They were not told to pray a prayer and invite Jesus into their hearts. They were told to be baptized. Was I taught this in the Baptist church? No.
And faith only? Completely and totally false.
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

James 2:26 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/jas.2.26.NKJV

Anyway to make this long story short my family and I moved from Galena Park, TX to Geneva, TX to be with our grandfather.
And we never attended church again until 2014 when we moved to San Augustine after our Dad passed away.
We attended the church of Christ because it was the closest church to our home.
And I'm glad we've been attending. We all obeyed the Gospel.
Which means

1. Hear
2. Believe
3. Repent
4. Confess
5. Be Baptized
6. Remain faithful



This is the true Gospel not all this religious error floating around.
I have nothing against the Baptists. They are sincere, good people but they are lost, on the way to hell, trapped in false doctrine just like anyone else in these numerous denominations.
Denominations didn't come around until hundreds of years later after the Lord's church was established in 33 AD.

Jesus is the head of this church, His body (Ephesians 5:23, Colossians 1:18). And the Savior of it. He gave Himself for the church (Ephesians 5:25).

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Ephesians 4:4‭-‬6 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/eph.4.4-6.NKJV

See all those ones? There is only one body, only one Spirit, only one hope, only one Lord, only one faith, only one baptism, only one God and Father.
So all these denominations that are now in existence today are unbiblical, unscriptural.

Please I beg you leave your denomination far behind. Obey the Gospel today before it's everlasting too late. And begin attending the Lord's church, church of Christ.

and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,

II Thessalonians 1:7‭-‬9 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/2th.1.7-9.NKJV

I leave you with the above warning from 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9).
Take heed and obey.

In concern for your soul
Angela Chapman


The Gospel in a nutshell

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1 Corinthians 15:1‭-‬4 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/1co.15.1-4.KJV


1. Hear
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:17 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/rom.10.17.KJV

2. Believe
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 8:24 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/jhn.8.24.KJV

3. Repent
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luke 13:3 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/luk.13.3.KJV

4. Confess
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 10:32 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/mat.10.32.KJV

5. Be baptized
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16:16 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/mrk.16.16.KJV

6. Remain faithful
Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Revelation 2:10 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/rev.2.10.KJV

For more information on obeying the Gospel contact your local church of Christ.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter