Gospel Wednesday: 1 Corinthians Chapter 13: Power of Love

1 Corinthians Chapter 13

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1 Corinthians 13:1‭-‬13 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/1co.13.1-13.KJV

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1 Corinthians 13:13 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/1co.13.13.KJV


Love is the strongest force in the world. Love should be the motivating factor behind all our good deeds and the spread of the Gospel.
God, because He loves us, sacrificed His Son. Jesus, because He loves us, made the sacrifice upon the cross.


The Power of Love

Left His heavenly domain
Knowing He would receive no sympathy
And go through all the agony and pain
He had a heart of humility
That's the power of love

He endured ridicule and shame
Did not even retaliate
For our sins took all the blame
Forgave those who were full of hate
That's the power of love

Hung upon the cross
Watch His lifeblood drain away
To save us from endless loss
For vile sinners He prayed
That's the power of love

"Father, forgive them
They know what they do".
Now we're let in
He makes us all new
That's the power of love

Took His last breath
He did it all for you and me
Died a cruel death
Upon that bitter tree
That's the power of love

The third day He arose from the grave
Ascended back to Heaven where He's now King
It's us He wants to save
To Him angels now sing
That's the power of love

Sits on God's right hand
For us He's interceding
Obey His Gospel command
And follow His leading
That's the power of love



The Gospel in a nutshell

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

1 Corinthians 15:1‭-‬4 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/1co.15.1-4.KJV


1. Hear
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:17 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/rom.10.17.KJV

2. Believe
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 8:24 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/jhn.8.24.KJV

3. Repent
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luke 13:3 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/luk.13.3.KJV

4. Confess
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 10:32 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/mat.10.32.KJV

5. Be baptized
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16:16 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/mrk.16.16.KJV

6. Remain faithful
Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Revelation 2:10 KJV

https://bible.com/bible/1/rev.2.10.KJV

Baptism 

Why Are There So Many Churches?

What Must I Do To Be Saved?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter