Sacred Truth Friday: By Grace and Mercy



1 Not what these hands have done
can save this guilty soul;
not what this toiling flesh has borne
can make my spirit whole.
Not what I feel or do
can give me peace with God;
not all my pray'rs and sighs and tears
can bear my awful load.

2 Thy work alone, O Christ,
can ease this weight of sin;
Thy blood alone, O Lamb of God,
can give me peace within.
Thy love to me, O God, not mine,
O Lord, to Thee,
can rid me of the dark unrest,
and set my spirit free.

3 Thy grace alone, O God,
to me can pardon speak;
Thy pow'r alone, O Son of God,
can this sore bondage break.
I bless the Christ of God;
I rest on love divine;
and with unfalt'ring lip and heart,
I call this Savior mine.

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 2:4‭-‬7 KJV
http://bible.com/1/eph.2.4-7.KJV

In His mercy and love God sent His Son to save us. Not because of good works we have done. Our righteous acts are like filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6). We must trust in God's righteousness, grace, and mercy. Believe in His Son and obey the Gospel. Respond to and obey the Gospel today if you haven't done so already.

1. Hear
2. Believe
3. Repent
4. Confess
5. Be baptized
6. Remain faithful
https://hymnary.org/text/not_what_these_hands_have_done

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter