Sacred Truth Friday: Jesus Above All

Today's Devo

Full Text

1 Join all the glorious names
of wisdom, love, and pow'r,
that ever mortals knew,
that angels ever bore;
all are too mean to speak His worth,
too mean to set my Savior forth.

2 Great Prophet of my God,
my tongue would bless Thy Name;
by Thee the joyful news
of our salvation came -
the joyful news of sins forgiv'n,
of hell subdued, and peace with heav'n.

3 Jesus, my great High Priest,
offered His blood and died;
my guilty conscience seeks
no sacrifice beside:
His pow'rful blood did once atone,
and now it pleads before the throne.

4 My dear Almighty Lord,
my Conqueror and King,
Thy sceptre and Thy sword,
Thy reigning grace I sing;
Thine is the pow'r; behold I sit,
in willing bonds, beneath Thy feet.

5 Now let my soul arise,
and tread the tempter down;
my Captain leads me forth
to conquest and a crown.
A feeble saint shall win the day,
though death and hell obstruct the way.

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Ephesians 1:18‭-‬21 KJV
http://bible.com/1/eph.1.18-21.KJV

Jesus is glorious and far above all. Even above my doubts and fears. Hallelujah, amen.

https://hymnary.org/text/join_all_the_glorious_names 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter