Sacred Truth Friday: He Keeps Us Safe

Today's Devo

Now the day is over;
night is drawing nigh;
shadows of the evening
steal across the sky.

2 Jesus, give the weary
calm and sweet repose;
with your tend'rest blessing
may our eyelids close.

3 Comfort ev'ry suff'rer
watching late in pain;
those who plan some evil,
from their sin restrain.

4 Through the long night-watches
may your angels spread
their bright wings above me,
watching round my bed.

5 When the morning wakens,
then may I arise
pure and fresh and sinless
in your holy eyes.

6 Glory to the Father,
glory to the Son,
and to you, blest Spirit,
while the ages run.

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord , only makest me dwell in safety.
Psalms 4:8 KJV
http://bible.com/1/psa.4.8.KJV

The Lord watches over my family and I, keeping us safe. We're in His strong hands and He is for our good. Praise to Him who keeps us safe.

https://hymnary.org/text/now_the_day_is_over

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter