Sacred Truth Friday: Come to Him for Rest

Today's Devo
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.   Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.   For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28‭-‬30 KJV
http://bible.com/1/mat.11.28-30.KJV

ull Text

1 Are you weary, are you languid,
are you sore distress'd?
"Come to me," says One, "and, coming,
be at rest."

2 Has he marks to lead me to him,
if he be my Guide?
"In his feet and hands are wound-prints,
and his side."

3 Is there diadem, as Monarch,
that his brow adorns?
"Yes, a crown, in very surety,
but of thorns."

4 If I find him, if I follow,
what his promise here?
"Many a sorrow, many a labor,
many a tear."

5 If I still hold closely to him,
what has he at last?
"Sorrow vanquished, labor ended,
Jordan passed."

6 If I ask him to receive me,
will he say me nay?
"Not till earth and not till heaven
pass away."

7 Finding, foll'wing, keeping, struggling,
is he sure to bless?
"Saints, apostles, prophets, martyrs
answer yes."

If you are weary, full of pain, doubt, worry, fear, struggling amid life's problems, come to Jesus for rest. Just come to Him for rest.


https://hymnary.org/text/art_thou_weary_art_thou_languid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter