Sacred Truth Friday: Abide With Me

Today's Devo

One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭27:1, 4‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/psa.27.1,4.kjv

1 Abide with me: fast falls the eventide;
the darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide.
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.
2 Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day;
earth's joys grow dim, its glories pass away.
Change and decay in all around I see.
O Lord who changes not, abide with me.
3 I need your presence every passing hour.
What but your grace can foil the tempter's power?
Who like yourself my guide and strength can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, O abide with me.
4 I fear no foe with you at hand to bless,
though ills have weight, and tears their bitterness.
Where is death's sting? Where, grave, your victory?
I triumph still, if you abide with me.
5 Hold now your Word before my closing eyes.
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies.
Heaven's morning breaks and earth's vain shadows flee;
in life, in death, O Lord, abide with me.
Psalter Hymnal

http://www.hymnary.org/text/abide_with_me_fast_falls_the_eventide

For the New Testament Christian, there is hope, even in hard times. God is with us. Abiding with us. We are never truly alone in the hard times. For He never leave us nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5; Deuteronomy 31:8). Whatever trouble you're going through, take comfort and hope in this. God abides with you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter