Yummy Recipe Monday: Beef Quesadillas with Queso Blanco Sauce
Beef Quesadillas with Queso Blanco Sauce
* 3 c. Monterey Jack cheese
* 4 1/2 oz. green chilies
* 1/4 c. heavy cream
* 5 tsp. cumin
* kosher salt
* Freshly ground pepper
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 lb. ground beef
* 1 tbsp. chili powder
* 8 large flour tortillas
* extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
* 1 large tomato, chopped
* 1/2 c. sour cream
1. In a small pot, add 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, half of the green chilies, heavy cream, 1 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper and 3 cloves garlic. Heat over low heat till cheese is melted and well blended, about 10 minutes. Keep stirring to prevent bottom from burning. Keep on low until ready to serve.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown beef for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Drain oil and add 1 tbsp. salt and the remaining cumin, chili, garlic, green chilies and cheese.
3. In a large skillet, preheat over medium-low heat. Drizzle olive oil and place 1 flour tortilla and fill with 1/4 of meat mixture. There will be enough for four large quesadillas. Place another tortilla on top. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes till light golden brown and cook on other side. If the quesadilla is browning too quickly, turn down to low heat. Repeat steps for the remaining quesadillas.
4. Cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces and top with warm queso sauce. Garnish with cilantro, tomato and sour cream.