Yummy Recipe Monday: Baked Chicken Chimchangas
Baked Chicken Chimchangas
* 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
* 1 cup of your favorite salsa
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
* 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 2 green onions, chopped (about ¼ cup)
* 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted
* diced tomato, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and shredded cheddar cheese for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Mix chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions. Place about ⅓ cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
3. Fold opposite sides over filling. Roll up from bottom and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
4. Brush with melted butter. Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
5. Garnish with desired toppings and serve with salsa on the side.
adapted from Food
Recipe by The Girl Who Ate Everything at http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2012/10/baked-chicken-chimichangas.html