Keep Zeal Alive: What Tomorrow Will Bring

What Tomorrow Will Bring

Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”;whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.”But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin. - James 4:13-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James4:13-17&version=NKJV
As much as we love to plan, tomorrow is not guaranteed. I have a planner and love planing out my day and evening meals. But things don't always go according to plan. Life is fragile. I might not even wake up tomorrow. So I must humble myself and say "If the Lord wills I'll do this or that". 

To borrow a phrase from this sermon: "Tomorrow belongs to the Lord; obedience belongs to today". 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter