Sacred Truth Friday: Never Forget

Today's Devo

“And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭22:17-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/luk.22.17-20.kjv

1 According to thy gracious word
in meek humility,
this will I do, my dying Lord,
I will remember thee.
2 Thy body, broken for my sake,
my bread from heaven shall be;
thy cup of blessing I will take,
and thus remember thee.
3 Can I Gethsemane forget
or there thy conflict see,
thine agony and bloody sweat,
and not remember thee?
4 When to the cross I tum mine eyes,
and rest on Calvary,
O Lamb of God, my sacrifice,
I must remember thee:
5 Remember thee, and all thy pains,
and all thy love to me;
yea, while a breath, a pulse remains,
will I remember thee.
6 And when these failing lips grow dumb,
and mind and memory flee,
when thou shalt in thy kingdom come,
then, Lord, remember me.

Source: Ancient and Modern: hymns and songs for refreshing worship #420a

Never forget what Jesus has done. He died for us all. Never forget His suffering, His agony, His pain, His dying. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yummy Recipe Monday: Strawberry Slab Pie

Gospel Wednesday: Romans Chapter 10: Confess Him

Happy Easter