Yummy Recipe Monday: Parmesan Zucchini Fries
Parmesan Zucchini Fries
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
- 1½ lb. zucchini
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- ¾ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ c. panko or plain bread crumbs
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped dill (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange an oven rack in the lower third of the oven and a second one in the center. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut zucchini into thick French-fry-size sticks, about 3 long.
- Arrange 3 shallow, wide bowls or pie plates in a row. In the first bowl, stir together flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon. pepper. In the second bowl, whisk together eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. In the third bowl, combine panko, Parmesan, dill (if using), and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Working in batches, first dip zucchini in flour, shaking off excess. Transfer to egg mixture and toss until coated. Let excess egg run off, then coat zucchini in panko mixture.
- Arrange zucchini, without crowding, in a single layer on the prepared pans. Bake 15 minutes and then rotate the pans. Continue to bake until panko coating is golden and crisp, 7 to 12 minutes more.